- Why Do You Should Use 50 Gallon Water Heaters?
- Differences Between Gas and Electric Water Heaters
- List of 10 Best 50 Gallon Water Heater Reviews
- 1. A.O. Smith ENS-50 ProMax Short 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater
- 2. A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- 3. Rheem MR50245 Marathon Tall 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater
- 4. Rheem RTEX-24 24kW 240V 50 Gallon Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 5. A.O. Smith XCR-50 ProMax Plus High Efficiency 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- 6. Bradford White BWC RE350S6-1NCWW 50GAL 240V
- 7. AO Smith GPVT-50 Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
- 8. Bradford White BWC RE350T6-1NCWW 50GAL 240V
- 9. Westinghouse WER052C2X055N06 Electric Water Heater
- 10. AO Smith GDHE-50-NG Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
- Buying Guide For Best 50 Gallon Water Heaters
Do you want to obtain a 50-gallon water heater for your house? Look no further you have discovered the correct location – we will provide you all that you desire.
A 50-gallon tank is a perfect capacity for individuals with several sources of warm water. But, not all the top-rated water heaters are equally as fantastic as they’re described. That is why we’re here to guarantee the most dependable item.
In this guide, we’d give out a few best 50-gallon water heaters and also provide you essential suggestions on purchasing guides.
Why Do You Should Use 50 Gallon Water Heaters?
The 50-gallon water heater is among the most well-known sizes for residential usage. Why? 50 gallons usually match the hot water requirements to get a 1 -2 bath home, condominium, or apartment.
There are lots of versions to select between on the market nowadays. And, they’re economical both to purchase and to run. Tank-type water heaters do often consume more room, but they also have the capability to heat higher quantities of water.
Differences Between Gas and Electric Water Heaters
There are two kinds of heaters which you could pick out of Gas and Electric. Gas water heaters use natural gas to create the energy required to warm water, while electrical heaters utilize electrical resistance coils. Though 60% of houses in the United States utilize gas-powered water heaters, this doesn’t automatically indicate that using a gasoline heater will probably be perfect for you and your loved ones. You may frequently discover the energy variable or EF amount on the heater to both gasoline and electric. This amount can allow you to compare the efficacy of the appliances which you’re comparing. The larger the number, the more efficient the heater.
Below are a few of the differences between Gas and Electric water heaters that will assist you in making the ideal option.
Gas Water Heater
- The gas heaters normally cover themselves in energy savings following a year.
- Gas water heaters have the ability to heat hotter water daily than electrical, which makes them a fantastic alternative for big families. A fifty-gallon tank could be heated in 1 hour, although it might take a couple of hours to warm an electric tank.
- Gas heaters will still function during a power outage.
- Gas is less efficient compared to power.
- The expense of a gasoline heater is greater than the electric heater.
- Since water is heated in any way at times, there’s more heat loss through the walls of the storage tank.
- Without appropriate care, you might hazard an explosion from a gas leak.
- You have to put in additional piping for the gasoline exhaust.
Electric Water Heater
- Many choices are available, which include smaller and larger tanks for the long term and immediate usage.
- Electric heaters are developed to just heat the water that you need when you flip it on.
- They’re more efficient since water isn’t always being heated. This results in energy savings.
- Electric heaters require less space since they don’t want the accession of the discharge exhaust.
- Electric heaters have a very low recovery rate, so in case you’ve got a huge family, you might need to wait hours for your water tank to warm up.
- Since the price of power has gone up, the price of keeping and using an electric water heater is a lot greater than petrol. In reality, the energy that you save in efficacy will often be dropped in the price of electricity.
List of 10 Best 50 Gallon Water Heater Reviews
1. A.O. Smith ENS-50 ProMax Short 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater
- The AO Smith ENS-50 ProMax is the most inexpensive choice on the listing, but do not let this cause you to think negatively about the caliber.
- It’s a permaglas coating inside the inside of the tank to avoid water from corroding the metal in the interior, helping expand its own lifespan. Furthermore, its Coregard™ sacrificial anode helps protect the tank from the corrosive effects of water, thus why it includes a 6-year guarantee.
- This unit gives the first-hour evaluation of about 57-62 gallons along with a recovery rate of 21 gallons per hour, which can be exceptionally great to get a unit within this budget. It takes two hours to completely refill the tank.
- In the end, the unit includes eco-friendly, non-CFC foam insulation, heat traps, along with a distinctively designed combustion chamber mix, to generate a large Uniform Energy Factor for the greatest savings on operating costs.
2. A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- The A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent is your very best 50-gallon gas water heater accessible. It’s designed to maximize efficacy while offering greater flexibility in setup choices. Having a 0.7 Energy Factor, this water heater is ENERGY STAR qualified. It is qualified for the local utility and rebate applications. Most nations are providing rebates from the 50 to $250 range.
- With a 50 gallon tank along with a 40,000 BTU gas burner, the GPVL-50 Power Vent provides the first-hour evaluation of 90 gallons plus a recovery rate of 44.7 gallons per hour. This unit is excellent for big families with higher demand for hot water. It supplies sufficient hot water for 3 showers in precisely the exact same moment.
- This unit includes a Dynaclean II dip tube that optimizes inlet water pressure to lessen cold water areas inside the tank. The self-cleaning activity also reduces sediment accumulation on the bottom of the tank. Its hot-surface ignitor is significantly more robust and dependable compared to standing pilot also reduces energy intake. This 50-gallon gas water heater also has built-in heat traps on the water inlet and outlet lower the total amount of heating through valves.
- All ProMax versions from A.O. Smith come with a distinctive 3-position rotatable blower socket which adds versatility. They’re also equipped with a secure sensor that detects the presence of flammable vapors and automatically disables the burner to avoid ignition. A specialization port gas water heater choices can be set up virtually anywhere in your house since they could vent around 40 feet.
- Comes with a 6-year limited guarantee and a reasonable price, the A.O. Smith GPVL-50 ProMax Power Vent is your best 50-gallon water heater we’ve reviewed.
3. Rheem MR50245 Marathon Tall 50 Gallon Electric Water Heater
- Using a design reminiscent of a complete metal jacket bullet, the Rheem 50 gallon water heater is a device that could do wonders when it comes to conserving energy and providing you sufficient water to fill a whole tub with warm water whenever you prefer!
- These excellent stats are possible as a result of a superb recovery rate payable to 20 GPH (meaning 20 gallons per hour). As a consequence, that you are able to easily use hot water when you like without handling the probability of running out of water at the center of a shower.
- Since one of the largest issues with water heaters and other appliances that come into contact with water is rust, the people at Rheem have made certain the tank of this specific contraption is created from polybutene — a substance that’s wholly impervious to corrosion and rust. In actuality, the Rheem folks are so convinced of the durability of the product they issue a limited lifetime warranty on the tank along with also a 6-year guarantee on other pieces!
4. Rheem RTEX-24 24kW 240V 50 Gallon Electric Tankless Water Heater
- This 50 Gallon water heater out of Rheem includes high-end attributes, which makes it more advanced compared to the preceding version. It is available in an exotic gray hue that fits the décor of the toilet.
- Benefits for residential usage: This water heater is excellent for people who don’t enjoy gas water heaters. It’s an outside electronic thermostatic controller with an LED display. All you have to do is assess the temperature on the screen and run it. The thermostatic controller is outfitted with 1 or + level accuracy.
- The Rheem RTEX-24 50 Gallon water heater includes the most innovative self-modulation technology. You are able to correct its power in accordance with your hot water requirement. There’s a durable aluminum immersion within the appliance that’s outfitted with three heating elements to offer quicker heating. This gadget is subject serviceable, and you also are able to speak to the company agents to acquire the servicing done in your home.
- This electrical unit is your very best 50-gallon water heater for numerous factors. It includes a flow speed of around 5.9 GPM. Consequently, it doesn’t require much time to supply hot water to the whole household. It gives an easy setup. It is possible to follow the guide to install it properly through the underside 3/4 inch NPT water relations.
- The effortless replacement coverage given by Rheem ensures that you don’t need to be worried if it isn’t functioning correctly after purchase. You are able to ask to get a replacement, and as soon as they confirm by checking the device, it is going to be accomplished readily.
5. A.O. Smith XCR-50 ProMax Plus High Efficiency 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater
- This version is just another fantastic gas water heater. Among its standout features is that the blue diamond glass coat, which can be a universal industry-standard glass liner. Corrosion generally tends to lessen the life of gas water heaters. This exceptional glass coating technology offers protection to the heater’s liner from corrosion.
- In addition, this heater includes the Dynaclean diffuser dip tube, which assists in lowering the total amount of lime and sediment build-up, which frequently happens with the passage of time. This also contributes to a loss or blockage from the hot water outflow in the gas water heater unit.
- Moreover, the AO Smith XCR-50 ProMax is specially designed for PEX cross-linked plastic that’s long-lasting. As a result, the heater provides you more heated water at every socket. That makes it well suited for large-sized households that need maximum heated water.
- Furthermore, this gas water heater meets all recent NAECA (National Appliance Energy Conservation Act) regulations.
6. Bradford White BWC RE350S6-1NCWW 50GAL 240V
- A conventional 240-volt, 150 lbs, and standing just 4′ tall, this squat water heater use a calcium coated anode pole, ensuring that the maximum life of this unit and almost 100% protection against corrosion and rust. Bradford White touts this”lowboy” workhorse for a water heater that ensures”hot water in tiny spaces.”
- The Bradford White BWC RE350S6-1NCWW water heater may recuperate 21 gallons of water in 90 degrees GPH. Having a fully automatic security control system and its own tamperproof aluminum drain valve, this water heater also has an exceptional Hydrojet attribute to decrease sediment from first-hour shipping or retrieval of water into the tank. Hydrojet helps to maintain the water heater temperature, also keeps the device from overheating.
- A Vitra Glass-ceramic insulating material is specially engineered and fused into the interior of the tank, allowing for up to 1600 levels of heat and shielding the tank itself out of the most corrosive effects of heating the water.
- Bradford White even installs heating traps on lots of the water heaters, and also the BWC RE350S6 comes full with this attribute to minimize noise, not allow heat to escape the point of connection in the home to the pipes into the device. This water heater has a bit of instinct. Double heating elements heat water quicker, along with the BWC RE350S6 includes a distinctive simultaneous/non-simultaneous functioning characteristic, signaling if one or both of these heating elements are shooting up to warm the water.
7. AO Smith GPVT-50 Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
- The A.O. Smith GPVT 50 Gallon Gas Water Heater is among the simplest to install water heaters in the marketplace. Its advanced design comprises a Power Vent and two dip tubes. These attributes work together to maximize the GPVT’s control over water strain.
- This system tank is made from durable stainless steel and has a CoreGard aluminum pole to protect against rust. Even more striking, the GPVT comes with a tamper-resistant layout and durable brass drain valve, which raises the security and dependability of the heater.
- The Reliance 6-50-EORT 50 Gallon Water Heater may be a fantastic alternative if you’re searching for an option for the significant brands which dominate the marketplace. This electrical heater comprises 3-inches of insulating material, which enables it to function at an impressive energy variable of 0.95.
- The tank of the system is lined with glass and also offers an anode pole. With this layout, the Reliance 6-50-EORT can present remarkable energy efficiency without sacrificing corrosion resistance, total strength, or lifespan.
8. Bradford White BWC RE350T6-1NCWW 50GAL 240V
- The Bradford White BWC RE350T6 involves a compact body that’s adequate in size. So it’s never an issue for anybody to set up the item and keep using it.
- We discovered that the merchandise has a protective pole to get routine heating. This pole is treated with the support of a calcium anode that prevents the creation of limestone. Additionally, we enjoyed the choice of high-energy evaluations in the item. It’s an efficiency of 0.95 that is excellent concerning conversion along with your routine usage.
- The Bradford White BWC RE350T6 can quickly use a pressure of 150 PSI. Thus, even in the event that you keep on the top floor where the air pressure is less, you’ll not ever need to think about the warm water.
- The Bradford White BWC RE350T6 is a fantastic purchase if you want a quick outflow of water. It may be utilized as a perfect heater for industrial usage.
9. Westinghouse WER052C2X055N06 Electric Water Heater
- Electric water heaters are more gentle to the environment compared to gasoline, but only as long as they are energy efficient. This 50-gallon electrical water heater out of Westinghouse is presently among the very best water heaters out there.
- It is highly effective, using an Energy Factor of.95. Every detail with the water heater yells efficacy — even the inlet and outlet will stop heat from escaping.
- As the water passes via the cold inlet, it is transferred to the ground before blending together with all the heated water. This supplies hot water quicker without using excessive energy.
- Furthermore, it sports a top limit control that prevents the device from overheating. The maximum temperature which you could set it to is 150 degrees Fahrenheit. Nevertheless, the high limit controller prevents it from going over 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. AO Smith GDHE-50-NG Residential Natural Gas Water Heater
- Your hunt for the best 50-gallon water heater in the marketplace is finished now. The AO Smith GDHE-50-NG is a superb buy because this high-quality insulated storage water heater is so effective it is eligible for a 30% federal tax credit, if likely.
- Households would look at obtaining a water heater to have a continuous source of warm water. With this water heater tank being powered with natural gas, it may reliably supply your house with more than sufficient hot water even in the event that you’ve got a huge family.
- The larger your household is, the heating water needs, and also, this 50-gallon natural gas water heater is left up to the challenge. Setup can be relatively simple because of its unwanted taps.
- Another selling point of the energy-efficient 50-gallon gas hot water tank is its own 96% thermal efficiency. You can make certain to be saving in electricity costs. This can fit into your monthly family budget since it’s kind to the pocket.
- Using its innovative internal heat exchanger, having a result of 100,000 BTU, you do not need to wait for your warm water. The energy-efficient heater includes an immediate power port, and the vents are all equipped using a double or single PVC type.
- User-friendly and sans the complications, this water heater is made using an innovative electronic control collection, such as an LCD, true temperature controllers, and advanced diagnostics.
Buying Guide For Best 50 Gallon Water Heaters
Tank or Tankless
The very first thing that you want to pay attention to is if the heater includes a storage tank rather than. You ought to purchase a gas water heater which has a tank for keeping warm water. This tank can help you in utilizing hot water anytime without waiting for one minute. They have a constant supply of warm water. For 50-gallon tankless water heaters, then you have to wait around for 2-3 minutes before utilizing hot water.
The production firms mainly concentrate on the energy efficiency of their water heater—Furthermore, the design of water heaters having the most innovative technologies and attributes. In the storage tank water heaters, then the water is kept in the tank. As a result, after heating the water from the tank, then the water has cool down that a definite period. What’s more, the water from the storage tank ought to be warmed at particular periods and according to your requirement. Thus, you have to experience the specifications of this water heater and select the most effective tankless water heater. On the other hand, the gas water heater using much more energy efficiency saves electrical utility bills.
Ease of Installation
Installation of water heaters isn’t quite as difficult as you may think. You just have to have some pipes principles tools and follow directions to the latter. Nonetheless, this isn’t everyone’s perfect option. A very simple mistake may cause voltage surges and cable shortages. If you do not need to incur installation expenses, make certain you follow the documentation step-by-step.
If it becomes challenging for you, you are able to consult with a specialist. Some manufacturing businesses supply free installation. Electric water heaters include a comprehensive instruction guide to direct to set up.
Warranty policies might seem like an excess method to squeeze money from you on vouchers; however, for a water heater, it is sometimes worth checking out. Clients opt for various lengths of guarantees and revel in unique features certain to grow the tank’s longevity.
First Hour Rating
The most crucial factor of this water heater is First Hour Rating that can be called FHR. Noteworthy, FHR is quantified with the entire storage tank heated water also is dependent upon the capacity of this water heater. To choose the best 50-gallon water heater, consult with this water heater Manual to your Typical FHR values. The First Hour Rating is only that the quantity of hot water generated from the first hour following the water is heated from the tank. In summary, a 50 gal water heater is more efficient if the First Hour Rating is large.
Digital Display of Settings
You ought to go for a 50 gal water heater which may demonstrate the settings where it’s operating. You ought to be able to observe the temperature and water flow. Water heaters using an LCD screen are more preferable. You are able to adjust the temperature according to your requirements.
To sum up, a 50-gallon water heater is much superior to other kinds. It may meet your basic needs like cleaning, washing, and cleaning. There’s a vast assortment of those heaters offered on the marketplace. It is possible to get them depending on your budget and requirements.
We expect that moving through the purchasing guide along with the best 50-gallon water heater testimonials, we’ve helped you to select the very best product available.