- List of 17 Best Bike Helmet For Kids Reviews
- 1. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
- 2. Raskullz Mohawk Toddler 3+ and Child 5+ Helmets
- 3. Nutcase, Little Nutty Helmet
- 4. Schwinn Kids Bike Helmet Classic Design
- 5. OutdoorMaster Toddler Kids Bike Helmet
- 6. Giro Scamp Youth Recreational Bike Cycling Helmet
- 7. Joovy Noodle Helmet Extra Small-Small
- 8. Durable Kid Bicycle Helmets with Fun Designs Boys and Girls Will Love by TeamObsidian
- 9. Raskullz Kitty Cat Toddler 3+ and Child 5+ Helmets
- 10. Hornit Mini Lids Kid’s Helmet Bicycle
- 11. Bell Sidetrack Child & Youth Bike Helmet
- 12. Giro Hale MIPS Youth Bike Cycling Helmet
- 13. Nutcase, Street Helmet
- 14. BELL Childrens-Bike-Helmets Infant Sprout Bike Helmet
- 15. Retrospec Dakota Bicycle / Skateboard Helmet
- 16. Lazer BOB (Baby on Board) Helmet
- 17. Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmet
- How To Choose The Best Bike Helmets For Kids
Surprisingly, as soon as your kid is riding a bike, scooter, scooter, and whatever else on wheels, by legislation, they are under no duty to be wearing a helmet. But, wearing bike helmets for kids is the best way for kids to remain protected from head injuries and will give parents peace of mind.
Following is a round-up of what we think about the best bike helmets for kids. If you’re searching for a fantastic helmet for your small rider, then look no farther than this listing.
List of 17 Best Bike Helmet For Kids Reviews
1. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
- Having a trendy shape that will make your child feel like an X-Games expert, the Razor V-17 is trendy and comfy, and it provides more security than a normal bike helmet for kids.
- Using a whopping 17 vents within this particular helmet, your kids are going to continue to keep a cool head through all of their long bike rides, skateboarding course, and rollerskating at the park.
- It is available in a vast selection of colors, but based upon your child’s head shape, it may not be the best fit. Pricing may also change depending on the color helmet you select.
2. Raskullz Mohawk Toddler 3+ and Child 5+ Helmets
- Raskullz has produced a perfect helmet for boys — it’s a trendy appearance that can encourage your child to utilize it.
- The major feature of the helmet would be that the fin mohawk on the very top. It illuminates through five LED lighting. Your little one can select between flashing or steady.
- The mohawk helmets for kids are available in numerous colors and designs. It comes in one flexible size acceptable for kids aged 5 to 8, measuring 19.68 to 21.25 inches. It’s possible to match it comfortably around their mind utilizing the added sliders.
- For the building, Raskullz utilized EPS for the internal shell to absorb impact shocks. The soft pads within guarantee a comfortable fit. Your kid will enjoy wearing it.
- The chin strap also allows for adjustments to prevent the helmet from slipping off while riding quickly. At the very top, there’s a row of venting holes, maintaining the noggin cool on hot days.
- The mohawk requires batteries to light up, but all these are contained. The LED lights will shut off after some time.
3. Nutcase, Little Nutty Helmet
- The Nutcase Little Nutty has a thick vinyl casing to help protect the foam out of all those small drops and is assembled with technology very similar to what is used in certain football helmets. (It also includes MIPS technology.)
- Other characteristics include a pinch-proof magnetic buckle, a detachable visor, 11 vents for maximum air circulation, 360-degree reflectivity, and a spin-dial match system along with three sets of foam pads for additional customization. Additionally, they have amazing graphics.
4. Schwinn Kids Bike Helmet Classic Design
- By age 12 months, small ones have developed sufficient neck power to support a bike helmet and keep up their head while moving bumps. For those initial rides perched atop your bicycle in a bicycle seat or to get cruising together behind in the bicycle trailer, we advocate the Schwinn baby helmets for kids. It is the smallest available on the current market, measuring 44cm, and includes an easy-adjust dial fit retention system to either tighten or loosen the helmet as required.
- Additionally, it boasts excellent coverage in the back and plenty of ventilation to keep them cool. The horizontal back makes it comfy to get trailer rides (or some other arrangement in which the back of their mind is resting against something). The brand says this will match up to age, but a lot of reviewers notice it’s too little for their toddlers.
5. OutdoorMaster Toddler Kids Bike Helmet
- The OutdoorMaster may not be the fanciest, name-brand bike helmet for kids, but it is the cheapest and checks all of the security boxes. More than 1,300 5-star evaluations on Amazon can not be wrong!
- Though it does not have MIPS technologies, this helmet is CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) accredited and is made out of a normal EPS foam along with an ABS casing. Therefore it will provide sufficient protection. Specifically, the rear of the helmet boils to the ears and offers great coverage for almost any sideways skids or handlebar flips.
- The helmet is extremely flexible; therefore, it fits most heads nicely, from age 3. It’ll grow along with your kid for many seasons.
- Our favorite thing is that the variety. This helmet comes in 13 distinct prints and colors, from unicorns to dinosaurs. Additionally, it has wonderful venting and airflow for hot days on the bike trail.
6. Giro Scamp Youth Recreational Bike Cycling Helmet
- The scamp includes a pinch-free buckle, built-in visor, lots of ventilation, and comes in 2 dimensions. (Again, measure carefully.) It’s simple to adjust the tightness by turning the Mini Loc adjustment dial in the rear of the bike helmets for kids. Parents love the toddler helmets from Giro — there are almost no complaints about it!
- The Scamp using MIPS (multi-directional impact protection system) also offers an additional interior lining specifically designed to distribute energy in the case of an effect, which means that the power of an effect could be more evenly dispersed. Again, parents rave about it.
- Even though it’s been stopped, you are still able to get the Giro Me2 on Amazon, which also includes some cool features, such as a micro shell with an integrated insect screen along with an easy-to-adjust chin strap.
7. Joovy Noodle Helmet Extra Small-Small
- If you’re searching for the very best value for money, then you just are not able to look beyond the Joovy Noodle helmets for kids. Sleek, comfortable, and protective, the JOOVY is just one of the greatest all-rounders out there.
- If you live where the weather remains hot, then this kid’s helmet is incredibly convenient. 14 air vents enable air to circulate around your child’s head, leading to a trendy and comfy ride. The leading air vents have been covered in the net, preventing bugs from flying to the helmet at the same time you ride together.
- Where the JOOVY toddler helmet really shines is your flexible straps. An easy turn dial in the front part of the helmet permits you to easily adjust the duration of this chinstrap.
- The helmet has a visor that will help keep sunlight off his face. Contrary to the plastic visor you visit mountain biking helmets, the visor is strong. A good visor can help protect your child in case of a collapse.
- The Joovy Noodle helmet comes in 6 different color options. Whether you’ve got a girl or boy, there’ll unquestionably be a color to match.
8. Durable Kid Bicycle Helmets with Fun Designs Boys and Girls Will Love by TeamObsidian
- This bike helmet for kids features a CPSC certification. The shock-absorbing EPS system lessens the probability of injuries. It is lightweight and contains 14 cooling vents.
- The straps are adjustable to fit almost any head size at developing ages. The padding inside is elastic and contains 10mm and 5mm pads individually to match the mind even in developing years.
- It’s a cool aqua layout with entertaining graphics. This helmet has a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
9. Raskullz Kitty Cat Toddler 3+ and Child 5+ Helmets
- These are ergonomically constructed bike helmets for kids that you may surprise your child with. Its cost is quite reasonably priced.
- Though it’s intended for kids between 5 to 8 years older, it may be employed by almost any child who’s as young as 3 years old. That is because this helmet’s circumference could be adjusted to fit almost any thoughts that range from 48 to 52cm.
- Safety-wise, this helmet was licensed by both ASTM and CPSM.
10. Hornit Mini Lids Kid’s Helmet Bicycle
- Designed for a little more universal (and cooler) than the vast majority of all bike-specific helmets, the Mini Hornit range is inspired by skateboarding and is ideal if your kids ride scooters, skateboards, or other wheeled devices as well as their bikes.
- The Hornit helmets for kids have been analyzed to the CSCP (US) and EN1078 (Europe) security standards and feature superb comfy cushioning to make sure kids will delight in wearing the Mini Hornit.
- Two sizes are offered to suit everyone from toddlers to teens (and outside ) and are completely flexible and well-ventilated thanks to eleven ports. A neat LED backlighting is fitted as standard to get a small amount of additional reassurance in low light conditions.
- The Mini Hornit variety is enormous, and there are colors and designs to match absolutely anything your kids may be right into, from the Llama layout above into an understated Stealth Black version.
11. Bell Sidetrack Child & Youth Bike Helmet
- The Bell Sidetrack includes a stylish, mountain-bike style layout, and security experts give it high ratings for collision protection. It is priced fairly, and its additional comfort features set it around the top of the listing for the best bike helmets for kids.
- The Bell Sidetrack is designed to maintain the helmet hard but lightweight and protect against head damage. Even though it requires some finessing to get it to fit correctly, its quick-adjust attachments help form it into your kid’s mind (even as they develop).
12. Giro Hale MIPS Youth Bike Cycling Helmet
- The Giro Hale is an upgrade and serious update to Giro’s Raze childhood helmet. Weighing in at only 247 g and with 22 vents, the Hale is lightweight and boasts some critical venting for less perspiration and a more comfortable ride. The high-quality technical stuff on the sealed inner pads also helps keep your child’s head dry and cool (er).
- The fit adjustment process is simplified and user-friendly, and its updated MIPS system has less plastic to get less mind perspiration. So what is the distinction between the Hale and the Tremor? When there are a couple of minor alterations, it is really only about visual fashion!
13. Nutcase, Street Helmet
- Besides a vehicle or bus, anytime children are looking for something with wheels, they will need to put on a helmet. If you are searching for kids who like to have on scooters and skateboards as far as they prefer to ride bikes, you consider Nutcase’s Street helmets: Along with being super-durable, they are also certified for biking, scooting, and skating.
- Though a few skater-style bike helmets for kids may be prohibitively heavy and hot for kids because of their extra-protective structure, Nutcase Street helmets (which can be found with or without MIPS technologies ) have 11 ports to keep small shredders’ heads trendy.
- Each choice above includes a magnetic buckle, a detachable visor, which pro-football-helmet technologies, reflectivity, tons of pads, and spin-dial fitting. Be aware that Nutcase’s Street helmets aren’t technically created for children; however, adult size small would be exactly the exact same dimensions as a youth helmet, according to the brand’s site.
14. BELL Childrens-Bike-Helmets Infant Sprout Bike Helmet
- For your youngest riders who demand something slightly bigger, the Bell sprout helmet is a top option. It is designed to match sizes 47-52cm and includes its own patented pinch shield buckle–a must-have for small ones that will swear helmet off sporting after one unlucky chin pinch.
- Seven vents help keep them cool, while the True Fit system lets you correct the match from a single point (rather than fiddling with chin straps and dials.) In addition, it comes in vibrant dragon poodle layouts to help get loath kiddos eager to their main accessory.
15. Retrospec Dakota Bicycle / Skateboard Helmet
- The Retrospec bike helmets for kids come in 3 sizes (small, medium, and large) to match kids 14 and up. Its hardshell layout makes it a fantastic match for skateboarding, rollerblading, or riding bikes.
- The Retrospec comes in a lot of colors to fit your kiddo’s character (we are partial to the trendy wood grain pattern).
- Within the helmet, you will discover high-quality EPS foam to pad your kid’s mind and keep it from harm. Additionally, it includes two interchangeable pads to personalize the fit further.
16. Lazer BOB (Baby on Board) Helmet
- Can you bring your infant bike riding at a trailer? If so, then this helmet is specially designed to help keep your baby comfortable when riding behind your bike.
- You could be wondering exactly what makes this helmet really unique. In the event that you should consider the back of the bike helmet for kids, you’d observe that it’s flatter than a normal helmet. The flatter layout allows your infant to lean back with no helmet hitting the back wall or chair of this trailer.
- While the helmet actually shines for trailer usage, it’s also suitable to safeguard your infant when worn beyond the trailer too.
17. Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmet
- For kids between 5 and 8 years, we urge the Schwinn Thrasher Bike Helmets for kids. It satisfies head circumferences involving 19.63 to 22 inches.
- It is excellent for the expanding mind. The Thrasher comes with a 360-degree comfort match, which adjusts to a child’s mind. It is possible to adjust the size with the dial-fit system sitting in the rear of the helmet.
- There is full-range padding enclosing the mind, which matches the customized fit perfectly. It is super comfy, letting your child to cycle for hours. To further enrich well-being, you will find 20 venting holes in the top — they’ll bring a snap through to avoid the mind from overheating.
- The Thrasher is amazingly lightweight, which is chiefly because of the three-piece micro-shell. It weighs only a mere 10 ounces, so it will not slow down your child.
- The casing can be durable and will withstand large impacts in the event of an accident. It’s possible to make it fastened properly using the adjustable side straps.
How To Choose The Best Bike Helmets For Kids
If a kid’s bike helmet does not match, it is not likely to help safeguard their mind in case of an accident! Kids helmet dimensions come in ranges which reflect the circumference of your child’s thoughts. By way of instance, a helmet having a size assortment of 52 — 57 cm matches kids with a head circumference in this array.
Nevertheless, a bike helmet for kids’ sizing can really be a little tricky because everybody’s head is not shaped exactly the same. Some children have broad heads, others narrow. Some helmets are somewhat wider, while some are somewhat more narrow. Thus, even though your child’s head circumference matches inside a helmet’s scope, in case your kid’s mind is broad, and the helmet is narrow, then it may not fit.
Generally, skater-style helmets are rounder all of the way around and are a sure bet for kids with broadheads.
Not all helmets function for many sports. By way of instance, a skateboard helmet must cover the back of a mind. Many bike helmets do not. If your child does multiple sports, then make certain their helmet is secure for each and every action.
All bike helmets for kids sold in the United States have to be licensed by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission). While virtually all helmets accessible here are CPSC certified, there are reports of inexpensive knock-off helmets being stolen from China. When in doubt, shop at a respectable shop.
Other helmets rely on altering foam panels around the interior of the bike helmet. In my experience, this way of correcting a helmet ends in a poor fit and can be best avoided.
Getting Sufficient Ventilation
Biking is such a wonderful form of freedom and exercise for the son or daughter.
By purchasing a helmet that offers sufficient ventilation on hot sunny days, you will be certain they maintain a cool head and have a great deal of pleasure for an elongated period of biking.
We believe one of the most essential things to think about when purchasing a helmet for an infant or toddler is how much it weighs. The less it weighs just the pressure it will wear on your kid’s neck and head, and the more comfortable the helmet will probably be on them.
We have seen plenty of infants and toddlers refuse to wear a bike helmet for kids. That is usually because it’s too heavy or does not fit nicely. To put it differently, it is embarrassing!
Last but above all, you have to understand which layout your son or daughter likes before buying a bike helmet.
Sporty-like, kitty-like, and skull-looking helmets are a few of the designs which kids enjoy.
It’d be best for those who considered which color is beneficial for your son or daughter. Some children may also favor helmets that have great animation drawings.
Cycling and participating in sports empowers your child to learn lots of new skills, inculcates discipline, and gives way to a healthy competitive spirit. As a result, the best bike helmets for kids to keep them secure from any unexpected incidents and accidents.
Has your family tried these helmets? Let us know what your experience was together in the comments! We hope you find something which is right for you, also retains your kids happy and safe.