- What Is A Flat Top Grill?
- Advantages of Flat Top Grills
- List of 7 Best Flat Top Grill Reviews
- 1. Blackstone 1666 Flat Top Grill
- 2. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- 3. Camp Chef Steel Flat Top Grill
- 4. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Gas
- 5. Cuisinart CGG-0028 Flat Top Grill
- 6. Royal Gourmet GB4001 Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- 7. Country Smokers CSGDL0590 Flat Top Grill
- Buying Guide for Best Flat Top Grills
When you think of a cooking device that allows you to work with multiple food items simultaneously, what comes to mind? For professional chefs and homemakers who understand their way around their kitchen, what comes to mind is a flat top grill they can get. The best flat top grill is perfect for preparing several delicious recipes that would make you want more.
What Is A Flat Top Grill?
Flat top grills are popularly called griddle plates. They are a sizeable smooth cooking surface for preparing meals and can heat up evenly and on time. The gear gives you enough room to prepare lots of items simultaneously.
Advantages of Flat Top Grills
Based on flat top grill reviews, it is seen that there are several advantages of making use of them, especially for commercial users (restaurants) and outdoor events. Some of these advantages are:
- Easy to clean– most grill comes with grease cups, making it very easy to clean after use, thereby ensuring easy maintenance.
- Versatile in function– the grills often have multiple burners that can be used at once to prepare several meals.
- Multipurpose– the grill can be used to steam, sear, or smoke your foods, and thus it can be used to prepare different meals with diverse preparation methods.
- Very portable– this feature makes it highly suitable for outdoor use as it can be moved from place to place.
- Perfect heat regulation– the products have an ignition button regulating the amount of heat emitted for cooking from low-high.
List of 7 Best Flat Top Grill Reviews
A lot of products can be found in our local markets. However, it is imperative to note that some are not up to standard and would not stand the test of time.
Consequently, to ensure you don’t spend money on fewer quality products, our team of cooking gear professionals went out to do extensive research and review to find out the best flat top grill. Finally, based on product reviews by users of the grills and from personal usage, our team came up with the following:
1. Blackstone 1666 Flat Top Grill
This large 22-inch flat top grill is the first on our list of best flat top grills. It is colored black and weighs a total of 32 pounds. The magnificent cookware boasts of about 330 square inches made of cold-rolled steel. It also has two burners that are ‘H’ shaped and can be controlled independently.
Additionally, the grill can be cleaned off easily after working; this is because of this brand’s unique feature. There’s a system; Rear grease, attached, and so it helps us take care of maintenance as it allows easy washing of the grill. Lastly, the griddle lacks a hood, and it is fueled with propane gas attached at the sides. Besides, the appliance can generate about 24000 BTUs, which ensures it cooks fast and evenly.
2. Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- The next product on our list is also from the Blackstone grill brand. However, this model is 36-inches in diameter and has 4 burners attached with two shelves on the side. It is, therefore, an improvement in features from the previous model. Besides, the product is crafted using top-notch stainless steel, which guarantees durability and longer shelf-life.
- Additionally, the product, colored black, is straightforward to assemble after purchase and has an ignition button that responds quickly. And as peculiar to Blackstone products, you’ll probably be given either a front grease drain or a rear grease drain. The grease drain guarantees less stress when cleaning after use. The product has a removable griddle top, 4 caster wheels, which boasts industrial strength, with two out of the four being lockable.
- Lastly, the surface made of rolled steel (thick) serves as a source of excellent heat that is perfectly retained and distributed evenly. The four burners can be controlled independently, and it has a temperature regulation button, which can be adjusted either low or high. This feature enables versatility when cooking.
3. Camp Chef Steel Flat Top Grill
- The next brand we’ll be reviewing is the camp chef brand. From the Camp Chef flat top grill reviews, it was discovered that their model, which is made of stainless steel, has an interchangeable griddle of the dimension of 20.5″ x 31″ is a must-have in your kitchen or restaurant. The product has a 604 square inch griddle surface and 501 square inch grilling surface; giving it a large nonstick cooking surface will ensure you have a great stress-free cooking experience, as you have lots of working surfaces. This also ensures your cooking is fast and efficient.
- Besides that, the product has 2 side shelves that are large and can be folded when not in use. There are also four burners attached to the product, allowing for cooking versatility. They can be operated individually and ensures heat is provided in specific areas, thus ensuring the creation of heat zones that enables you to manage hot food virtually. The burners have four different ignition knobs that control the amount of heat given off while you cook (each burner has an ignition knob). This way, you can regulate the cooking temperature to ensure your meal comes out the way you love it best.
- Finally, to ensure easy and convenient movement from place to place, roller wheels are attached to the product. Besides, it has a management system for grease, which gathers drippings while cooking, making it easy to clean up after. It is fueled with propane and thus has a propane tank attached to it.
4. Cuisinart CGG-888 Grill Stainless Steel Lid 22-Inch Round Outdoor Flat Top Gas
- As always, the Cuisinart brand has a top product on our list, being a significant producer of cooking appliances/devices. This model by the brand is round in shape. It also has a dimension of 22-inches, with a stainless-steel lid, which contributes to its overall durability. It is one of our best portable flat top grills, as it weighs 60 pounds and has two burners that can be controlled independently and provides about 30,000 BTUs in total. The burners come with their separate ignition system, allowing you full control over the hot zones and the cool zones generated on the surface of your griddle.
- Furthermore, the product has a grease management system that features a large 360° grease pan that helps collect grease and funnel it into the grease cup naturally; this makes it easier to clean the product after use. Besides, the stainless-steel lid has a vent, allowing you to steam, bake, roast, or even smoke your food item.
- Finally, the product comes with a prep table; this is the side table folded when not in use. The table has a paper tower holder strategically placed underneath the side table, and as such, it makes cleaning more comfortable while you cook.
5. Cuisinart CGG-0028 Flat Top Grill
- The CGG-0028 model of the Cuisinart brand is rectangular shaped, unlike the previous round-shaped model. So, if Cuisinart product is what you desire and the above does not meet your specifications, then this is highly recommended by our team of professionals. The product has a total cooking space of 644 square inches, giving you enough room to prepare multiple food plates at a time. As always, it comes with a dual management system for grease collection. This is in the use of grease cups with dual front access, allowing users to manage grease from food items efficiently.
- Furthermore, the product had a handle grip positioned at one side of it and two wheels on the other side. This makes it easy to place or move your grill when making use of it. The side table is removable and can therefore be detached after use. This side table provides a prepping surface for cooking and serves as a secure spot for keeping tools, plates, or spices.
- Lastly, the product has two burners that provide about 30,000 BTUs for cooking, thus providing you different cooking zones on the surface with temperatures between 200-450 degrees, thus giving you great flexibility regarding heat.
6. Royal Gourmet GB4001 Outdoor Flat Top Grill
- If you require the best outdoor flat top grill with enough cooking space for preparing and meeting clients’ needs faster, you must purchase this model of the Royal Gourmet grill. The product is black and is 36 inches in diameter. It has a total cooking space of 792 sq inches, which gives you enough room to prepare your favorite cuisines. Besides, it has 4 tube burners crafted from pure stainless-steel grade and is controlled independently. Each burner emits about 13,000 BTUs, which gives a total of 52,000 BTUs when used to cook.
- Besides, the Griddle plate has a surface that has been pre-seasoned to aid cooking without burning. The plate is also supported with handles placed at each side of the product, making it easier to remove when cleaning out the food remnants. The control panel is also constructed using stainless steel, making it very durable and ensures it lasts longer. The product also has an upgraded ignition system (electric), which comes on at every push.
- Lastly, this model has side tables fixed at each side and helps to hold seasoning and cookware or accessories with fantastic stability. For ease of cleaning, there is a grease cup that is detachable and has an excellent capacity. This helps to trap the grease released as you cook. To move it quickly from place to place, you can use the 4 caster wheels attached to the grill.
7. Country Smokers CSGDL0590 Flat Top Grill
- The final product on our list of best grills based on the flat top grill reviews is the Country Smokers CSGDL0590. The product is large with a cooking surface of 597 sq inches, black-colored, and sturdy stainless steel. This makes it one of the best portable products with its lightweight and portable design. The grill is perfect for preparing a meal for about 10 people.
- Furthermore, the griddle top is made of stainless steel, making it highly durable with outstanding performance. It has been pre-seasoned with the use of plant-based organic oil, thus ensuring your cooking doesn’t get burnt. The grill also features four burners, which are independent and have their separate ignition system.
- Lastly, it features a leg that is collapsible in design, protective covers for your burner, regulating heat from the wind or cold. The grill handle is also covered with foam, which ensures a comfortable grip and enables movement from place to place.
Buying Guide for Best Flat Top Grills
Before purchasing your next flat top grill, certain factors should be considered; these would guide you to make the decision.
Cooking Surface Size
One of the critical features is the dimensions of the available cooking surface. Hence before picking one for purchase, you should consider what you need it for, the number of persons it would serve on average. This would determine how big the cooking surface of your grill should be. Anything short of it would result in lots of stress for you when you use it for many persons.
Most flat top grills are used outdoors, so you need to keep that in mind when purchasing yours. It would help if you had a piece of equipment that can be moved easily from one location to the next without breaking down. To assist in these, ensure you purchase one with the right amount of weight to move it.
It would help if you had a model that allows you to prepare all your choice meals without ruining them, ranging from BBQ to omelet. Whatever your needs are, think about that and keep it in mind when making a purchase, so you don’t end up purchasing the wrong griddle that can’t be used for your favorite recipe.
Budget is another factor to consider; before purchasing, assess the griddle’s price and confirm if it is within your budget. This way, you’ll be able to spend less and still get access to a quality flat top grill. In this article, we discussed various grills with different price ranges. Hence, whatever your budget, this list of products got you covered.
Number of Burners and BTUs Emitted
The burners are found under the griddle, and they serve the function of distributing heat evenly. As a requirement, you should ensure the available burners on the product are enough to supply heat to the entire cooking surface. Hence, the more extensive the grill’s cooking surface, the more burners it should have. You should also put the number of BTUs generated into consideration as this would determine how fast your food cooks. Hence the general recommendation is to get a griddle with more burners that produce high BTUs.
In this article, we’ve established that several products are available in the market for purchase. However, not all are up to standard, which is why we need to be careful when purchasing.
Consequently, from the research made by our team of experts, we were able to narrow down the lists of griddles to the 7 top flat top grills.
We highly recommend: Blackstone 1666.
However, whatever your planned budget, note that any of these griddles discussed in this article meets every criterion and would be highly suitable for your cooking. So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and purchase your flat top grill now.