- List of 7 Best Microwave for Truck Reviews of 2021
- 1. Whirlpool Black Countertop Microwave Oven
- 2. Daewoo KOR-7LREW Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
- 3. Panasonic Microwave Oven Stainless Steel Countertop NN-SD372S
- 4. Danby DMW7700BLDB Microwave Oven
- 5. AmazonBasics Microwave Works With Alexa
- 6. Hotlogic Mini Personal Portable Microwave
- 7. RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove
- What Should You Consider When Picking the Microwave for a Truck?
- Frequently Asked Question
When the wintertime is coming, the driver who has to spend all day on the truck may wanna come with the idea of using food warming up devices. One of the most common and effective devices for warming up food and even cooking on the truck you can come up with is the portable microwave. This microwave is specially designed for cooking in a truck, a car, or traveling because it is small, portable, and easy to use.
When you go out and purchase a portable microwave, you may get confused with a large range of products in the market with a difficult description that confuses you. In this article, we tested and reviewed the top 7 best microwaves for trucks in the markets.
List of 7 Best Microwave for Truck Reviews of 2021
1. Whirlpool Black Countertop Microwave Oven
This mini and portable microwave comes first in my list due to its fantastic features and an appealing design.
This is a powerful cooker with 750 watts of cooking power. The 10 level power settings enable the user to cook a dish automatically at a specific preset function (with fixed time and temperature) which is so helpful with a male driver.
The control lock feature disables the control panel when cooking which avoids an uncareless touch.
Although it is quite expensive compared with other products. However, if you wanna have more options for preparing your lunch or dinner on a truck as at home, it is worth.
2. Daewoo KOR-7LREW Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
This microwave by Daewoo is a little bit expensive but its retro design and many useful features are worthy.
When it comes to the cooking functions, this powerful microwave reduces the cooking time with a maximum power of 700 watts. Using the unique Daewoo’s exclusive C.R.S. technology, this model will bring you a perfect cooking result when detect and manage the heat in the microwave smartly.
This model is also equipped with child safety features that detect if a user is a child or not by the size of their finger.
3. Panasonic Microwave Oven Stainless Steel Countertop NN-SD372S
It is a countertop microwave with stylish appearance and smart features. Knowing that with the drives, spending hours waiting for cooking seems impossible, Panasonic brand developed a technique to ensure a quick and convenient cook.
With this model, you can warm up, defrost, and cook the food with three pre-programmed functions. The advanced inverter Turbo Defrost technology is used to speed up the defrosting time.
One another feature that differentiates this model from the above models is the smart sensor feature. With this technology included, the microwave will automatically detect the food’s humidity and adjust the timer and temperature setting. Therefore, with just one touch, you have one perfect dinner.
4. Danby DMW7700BLDB Microwave Oven
This is a midsized, spacious microwave with 1000 watts maximum power unit.
This model is well designed for cooking the processed food which is being loved by drivers due to its convenience. There are six cooking functions displayed on the control panel including potatoes, popcorn, frozen vegetables, and pizza for cooking food as its name.
The Danby Countertop Microwave is made of stainless steel which is durable. As the truck has to move for all days, the microwave will easily hit against other objects in the truck, therefore stainless steel is a perfect choice.
5. AmazonBasics Microwave Works With Alexa
This is a 700 watts 0.7 cubic feet portable microwave which enables the drivers to control the cooking process with voice – just like Alexa assistant on your smartphone.
In order to use this function, connect the microwave with Amazon devices such as Echo then use the voice for controlling. For example, you say Alexa microwave 30 seconds, the microwave will automatically be whirring away on the high.
In case you do not want to use Alexa for controlling, the touchable control panel on the right edge of the microwave will help you. This control panel includes the button for turning on and off and choosing the cooking function. The green LED display under the control panel enables the user to use the microwave at night when driving.
6. Hotlogic Mini Personal Portable Microwave
This is a lightweight microwave for the truck which has the size of a lunch box with the top zipped.
This model also brings simplicity when there are not many things to do with it. You just need to put the food in, wait for it to be cooked, and put it out for eating. Just three simple steps. But it also means that it will limit your cooking ability. You can not cook the raw food but the prepared meal, leftovers, and frozen foods.
7. RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove
This portable stove plugs directly into a 12-Volt power port and is perfect for cooking or warming foods up to 300°F.
This portable works by using the car’s battery which connects with your car through a 12 Volt socket, therefore, it is not powerful compared with the above one. Although it can cook food up to 300 degrees, it is not too powerful for cooking raw food. We recommend using this model only for warming up the home prepared food only. But in change, it is so small and can be placed anywhere in your truck.
The heating stove is made of an aluminum disposable pan, so it is easy for cleaning.
What Should You Consider When Picking the Microwave for a Truck?
When the truck is not as big as a home kitchen, you need to take the size of the microwave as a priority. The normal microwave which is designed for trucks can range from 10 inches to 18 inches. Before purchasing one microwave, you should measure the free space you could put it on your truck. There are four common sizes as follow:
- Compact: it is under 1 cubic foot and ideal for use in the car
- Midsize: It ranges from 1 cubic foot to 1.5 cubic feet
- Full-size: It ranges between 1.6 cubic feet to 2 cubic feet
- Extra-large: It is normally more than 2 cubic feet
Type of power supply
There are three main types of power supply as follow:
- 12V in-car microwaves: With this type, you can charge with the car battery, it is suitable for small cars rather than travel cars.
- Lighter socket supplied microwaves
- USB port as the main power source: This type is charged through a USB port. It can be an extra battery that is charged at home.
- Pre-Programmed Menus: Some microwaves for trucks have Pre-Programmed Menus which lets you cook the different types of food at a preset function. In this case, both the time and the temperature are automatically set.
- Child Lock/Safety Lock: Many microwaves come with the Child Lock/Safety Lock functions in which the control panel and the door can be locked to prevent the children from operating the microwaves. It is also necessary for a truck because sometimes with the vibration on the truck, the microwave can turn on and cause danger.
- Smart Sensors: This additional feature is commonly found in high-end products. The microwave is equipped with a smart sensor that will adjust the heating mode for different food based on the food’s humidity. It means you just need to put the food into the microwave and it will be automatically cooked with the time and temperature set.
- Variable Power Options: The Variable Power Options in microwaves enable the user to control the microwave power by a setting board.
Frequently Asked Question
What is a portable microwave?
The portable microwave is a microwave that you can bring anywhere with your car and used by your car. The common portable microwave uses the energy from the car through a 12 Volt connector or a USB port.
Is Portable Microwave Safe?
Yes. It is safe. These portable microwaves are usually packed with components that can automatically shut off when it is overheating. Furthermore, it is made of a material that is high-temperature protected.
What should I consider when using a portable microwave?
You have familiarity with the fact that the portable microwave can not work as efficiently as the conventional one. The manufacturers focus on the portable and main function rather than bring extra cooking experience. Furthermore, there are some factors you need to pay attention to when using a portable microwave in the truck:
- Always check and arrange your food for even cooking
- Always use the container which is FDA approved
- Regularly clean the portable microwave after cooking. In case you can not clean it with water, use a wet handkerchief or wet paper to clean it
Do I need to look for a microwave with Inverter Technology?
Firstly, I think that you should know what Inverter Technology is and how It helps you when cooking with a microwave. Inverter Technology allows the user to adjust the power level of the microwave base on your need, therefore the food will be cooked at a consistent temperature the whole time. Now, you know how important the Inverter Technology it is?
The microwave for the truck (usually called a portable microwave) is an essential device for drivers in preparing their meal when they have to spend most of their time in the truck. There are numerous factors to consider when choosing a suitable but portable product to use on a truck. The above, we tested and wrote about the top 7 best microwaves for the truck which is the best both on functions and price. We hope that this information will be helpful to you.